Sunday, April 8, 2012

An Ethereal Nothingness

Today is Easter, which is also the day Jesus resurrected. Really thank you, for dying on the cross for us, cleasing us of all of sins. :') Yesterday at home, I felt a sense of emptiness, which nothing could fill. Someone told me that my love language is "quality time'' and it was then did I realise that I really love having quality time with people I love. Just having a small chat over tea or over the phone would make my day. But, yesterday, I also realised that what I need in life is not just friends or family. I also need God. When I'm feeling all happy and satisfied with my worldly relationships with people, I felt that I was missing something. There would always be this void which nothing and no one could ever fill and it's Him.

God is really moving in my family and among my friends. My mother asked if I'm going to church today, because she would like to attend. Mandy rededicated her life to God. Wang Zhe said she would visit my church once she's back in Singapore. What more can I ask for? And despite all these things God has done for me, I'm still... selfish. I was telling cheryl yesterday "Next time when we work, 10% of our salary give as offering a lot leh." You know what she replied? "Huh? I will still give willingly because the money is not yours. " Ya, the money is not mine and at that moment I felt so ashamed of myself. God did so much for me yet I'm not even willing to spend this amount of money for Him. I repented of course, and next time I would surely give my 10%. Not going to be selfish any longer.